It is time to dust off the bikes and get them ready for an active time of spring and summer riding. Now is the time to renew your membership and participate in the organized riding opportunities in 2021. Club rides will officially begin May 1st but dry trails in April may mean some club rides. Changes will be made to adjust to any needed changes in the SCA Return to Play. Sign up for your membership HERE!
With the current restrictions in place for group activities this year will start off with activities planned for May and June. As summer progresses and there is a feel for changes in guidelines activities will be added. Specific details on the club events will be posted in early April. You must be a member to participate! Club based activities for this first block will be:
- Prairie Pedals – Ladies only ride. This is a great chance to get out and be part of a supportive group of ladies for fun focused mountain bike ride. Selfies included! Check out this recent article about ladies rides in Saskatchewan! Nicely done Laurie!
- Youth Ride group – lead by an NCCP coach and following safe coaching practices this will be a chance for Moose Jaw youth aged 9-14 to ride trails. This year the format will be different then past. There will not be structured skill sessions but will be rides focused and learning opportunities throughout. These rides will be Saturday mornings.
- Thursday Night Rides – a mountain bike ride in Wakamow Valley Trails will be similar to last year but this year we will break into a novice group and intermediate group then meet at the end of the ride.
Additional activities being planned:
- Solo Challenge – more details to follow but this will consist of routes being posted weekly. Complete the ride at your pace. The ride styles will vary and will be xc or enduro themed. There may even be a gravel route. Club members who participate will be entered in a draw for some prizes. Details to follow!
- Buffalo Pound Lake – Qu’Appelle Valley gravel experience! This will be a socially distanced ride. Details to follow!
In addition to the discounts provided as part of the SCA membership there are some member discounts available. The following discounts are available for members this year:
– to use promo code MJPAVERS when booking your service and Velofix will be supporting the club by providing the following back to the club.
- For a basic bike service, $5 to the club
- For major bike service, $10 to the club; and
- For the overhaul, $18 to the club.
Book service online at velofix.com | Mobile Bike Shop and feel free to share the promo code with friends and family!
– this is online mountain bike skill coaching. 1000’s of riders around the world are members and improving their mtbing skills. Through an EXCLUSIVE partnership members of the Moose Jaw Pavers will receive a 15% discount of membership. Details on this are available at https://moosejawpavers.ca/rlc-group-partnership/. Members interested in this can get the code by emailing the club
There are often many questions around insurance. Check out this informative blog post for SCA members on the Insurance Program (https://saskcycling.ca/your-questions-about-the-scas-insurance-options-for-members-answered/) .
Our Community Supporters
A HUGE THANK YOU to the following business that support our club each year.