Dear Cyclist and sporting enthusiast,
The Horizon 100 Cycling Club of Saskatoon cordially invites you to participate in the 3rd. annual SIGA Prairie Gran Fondo on Sunday July 6th, 2014. Riders have the choice of three distances; the 165 km Gran Fondo, the 70km Medio Fondo or the 40km Piccolo Fondo. Regardless of what type of riding appeals to you or what fitness level you’re currently enjoying, we’ve got a route that works for you. All routes will feature incredible aid station support to keep you fuelled, while you enjoy the prairie vistas along the way.
Festivities begin at 8:00AM at the German Cultural Centre (160 Cartwright Ave., Saskatoon) with the ride commencing at 8:30AM with a police escort out of Saskatoon over the new Circle Drive South bridge and on out onto Valley Road.
Early Bird Registration is now open!
1. An unforgettable experience of a grand day on the bike with many like-minded fellow cyclists and hundreds of your new friends.
2. A fully timed course so you can measure how well you’ve done and brag to all friends and family. Partial road closures at the start and end of the ride, traffic control sections and a course completely marked with signage and volunteer direction.
3. A series of fully staffed and stocked rest stops with mechanical service.
4. A Fondo gift bag at fondo package pick up.
5. An awesome post-ride German influenced snack and beverage hosted by the German Cultural Club and a memento recognizing your achievement.
Fondo Packet Pickup at Doug’s Spoke ‘N’ Sport (31A-2105 8th Street, Saskatoon)
1. You MUST pick your Fondo ride packet up in person at Doug’s Spoke ‘N’ Sport, Saturday, July 5th noon until 8pm (highly recommended) or Sunday, event-day, from 6am to 7am (available, but definitely not your best option).
2. Your packet will not be mailed to you.
3. You must present personal identification at registration in order to receive your ride packet and Prairie Fondo gift bag.
For more information and to register please visit:
We sincerely hope to see you on July 6th!
SIGA Prairie Gran Fondo Committee
Horizon 100 Cycling Club