A Message from Rob, our Youth Development Director >
Spring is just around the corner… maybe… and once again the Moose Jaw Pavers are holding the Learn2MTB program. The program will be held on Saturday mornings in May and June (note: the June 15th class will be held the evening of Friday, June 14 due to other club commitments that weekend).
Some new things this year will be:
– registration day on May 4 at 9:30am will include a helmet check and fitting, followed by a bike check and basic maintenance clinic for participants and their parents
– this year we will split the participants into 2 groups according to skill level. The programs will be similar but with more challenging skills and rides for those who are ready for it
– 2 or 3 sessions will be held at Buffalo Pound Provincial Park as there is an extensive trail network. We will need some help getting the bikes and kids out there.
– We would also like to incorporate some informal fun races for the kids.
– bike in good working order (ideally the bike is a multispeed mountain bike, advanced skills group will be required to have this);
– approved cycling helmet;
– sunglasses to protect the eyes;
– full finger gloves to protect hands from branches while trail riding;
– water bottle or hydration pack;
– quick & healthy snack (examples: granola bar, sandwich, dried fruit, beef jerky)
If you have any questions please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The registration will be Saturday, May 4th at 9:30am at the International Bible College rink. Attached is the registration form and if you can indicate to me that you are attending this year so I can arrange coaches. Please feel free to invite friends to join us!